Getting to know me, getting to know all about me…

2:14 PM

Does this blog title want to make anyone else break out the basket skirts, turn on the Technicolor, and sing to adorable little Asian children??... If you have no idea what I’m talking about, check out the video below from “The King and I”…

 Couple things from this video:

- I’m sorry, but Lady Gaga cannot hold a CANDLE to Deborah Kerr… awesome voice and a classy act. 
- The size of her waist makes me never want to eat again… or maybe I need to make an attempt to bring back the girdle.
- The fan dance (found at the 3:00 marker) is awesome…. I regularly preform it every time we have a house party… true story

ANYway, the purpose of this post is, you guessed it, to learn a little more about moi.  I was tagged by Debbie over at Debbie DoesCreations.  I highly recommend checking our her site and getting to know her too!

Since Im still pretty new in the blogging world, I thought some of you might want to know a little more about me and what makes me tick (especially since the whole reason of having a blog is to over-share you life... and I really like sharing...) So here are the questions I was passed along... ENJOY!

What is your favorite meal?
Honest answer: Pretty much whatever I'm eating at the time.  My husband is a freakishly amazing cook and anything he "whips up" is usually fantastic.  If I had to pick a favorite, it would probably have to be his Chicken Piccata.  Its so lemon-y and caper-y... seriously just thinking about it makes me drool... excuse me as I wipe off my keyboard...
*disclaimer: Chris's food looks EXACTLY like this, but the picture is from here
You can only listen to {3} albums for the rest of your life, what would they be and why?
Oh, toughie, but if I had to say, it would be..
1. Michael Jackson: "Bad"... because I often like to pretend I'm an extra in the music videos and that Im not a 6ft tall white chick that can't dance...

2. Taylor Swift: Speak Now... Her songs are so relatable and I love that she is a positive role model for young girls today... that, and the fact that she's 5'10. Us tall, blonde broads gotta sick together... represent...

3. Amy Grant: A Christmas Album... fun fact: I am OBSESSED with Christmas music.  Seriously, the day after Thanksgiving has turned into a minor holiday for me since I get to break out all my Christmas CD's and listen to them on repeat.  If I have Michael and Taylor keeping me occupied for 11 months out of the year, I'd be ok... but Dear Sweet Baby Jesus, I need Amy to get me through Christmas time.
Another Fun Fact: I had a perm just like this when I was 10... it matched with my mom's... yea, we were THAT family
 What is your favorite item in your closet?
Easy, my boots. Having a size 11 foot (yes, that XXL for all you out there) has made it near impossible to find shoes. But when I find a pair that 1. fits... and 2. Looks good... I'll pretty much wear them 24/7, including when I sleep (not really, but I would if Chris would let me).  I have an AWESOME pair of boots that I love from Nordstroms.  They were on super-de-duper sale back in Sept when they had their big boot blow out and can be both dressed up and dressed down... I mean this whole-heartedly when I say "I love them".
Here's the link if you want a pair... Corso Como San Angelo Quilted boot
 When is the last time you cried?
I hate this commercial SOOOOOO much...

What is your favorite tv show of all time?
That's like asking me to pick a favorite hair on my head... I would have to say the one Im most excited about right now is NBC's Community on Thursday nights... it was almost cancelled but I SWEAR is one of the funniest shows on television. If you enjoy laughing, smiling, and quick humor, you MUST watch it... if you dont, you will have lived an incomplete life... no pressure.
We have Season 1 on DVD and watch it ALL the time
What is your favorite movie?
It really depends how I'm feeling at the time...
Comedy Movie: When Harry Met Sally .... It's just perfect and I like remembering how Meg Ryan looked before she went all Joan River's with the plastic surgery.
When Harry Met Sally
Girlie Movie: Pride and Prejudice ... Classic story that's brilliantly acted and makes you fall in love with the characters. By the end of the movie, I'm pretty much yelling at the screen "Don't pick Keira Knightly, Mr. Darcy! Pick me!! PPIICCKKK MMEE!!"
Pride and Prejudice

When I'm sick: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers... I dont know why this movie always make me feel better, but it does.  Maybe the singing, dancing, and 7 super attractive woodsmen have something to do with it...

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Just-plain-awesome Movie: Tie... between Sin City and 300. I'm a very visual person and these movies are overly stimulating for my eyes. SUPER-freakin-COOL.


What would your dream vacation destination be?
Australia... I've been obsessed with the place every since I was little and am seriously debating selling a kidney so I'd have the money to go... 
 Describe your personality in three words.
Unique, Honest, Sporadic

What is the one make-up item you absolutely have to have on your face every day?
Probably eyeliner... I tend to blend together if I dont have anything outlining my eyes... 
Dream dinner party guest list! (Three people, living or dead) 
1. The Pope... because he's amazing, caring, and the cutest little old man alive... I seriously just want to sit on his lap and tell him about my day.

2. My Grandpa... He passed away on New Years Day 2008 and not a day goes by that I dont miss his laugh or the way he said "waugee, waugee".  To this day, I have no clue what that means, but it was kind of his "yea, ok, surething".  He made friends with EVERYONE and was the greatest father to my mom and grandfather that my brother, cousins, and I. (apparently now I need to go back and change: the last time I cried...)


(I dont have a picture of him on this computer but promise to load one soon)

3. Rick Santorum... Ok I KNOW you're not supposed to talk about politics, but since my #1 guy is categorized under "religion", I better just hit both the topic no-no's.  I just admire Rick for the type of family man he is, who sticks to his morals no matter what. That, and I'm very impressed how he has run his campaign so far with pretty much NO money and is still hanging in there. If he can do this well with little to no money, why not give him the little to no money America has and let him fix it.  (I know not everyone will agree with me, but this is just MY opinion. Please take it for what its worth) Rick seems like the type of guy I would just want to chat with and pick his brain for a few hours.
God knows I love a man in a good sweater vest
Why did you start blogging?
I started out by just posting all my redo's and projects on the house via facebook, but since most of my family is in Arizona or California and aren't really facebook friendly, I thought it would be easier to make a blog and just e-mail a link to everyone when we completed a project.  I found out about the joy of link parties back in February and am loving all the feedback I've been getting from random strangers! (For some reason I value the feedback left in the comments section almost more than someone telling me "good job" to my face... I'm weird like that).  I also really enjoy writing and since I work as a sales rep (and not as a journalist which is why I went to school and am currently swimming in student loans), so I dont get to write as often as I would like.  Having the blog has been a great outlet!

Well, there you go! WWWAAAYYYY too much information about me.

I'm now going to tag other people who I have come to stalk enjoy their work while networking this awesome blogosphere.


My from "Space 46"
Suzy from "Saved by Suzy"
Amy from "Our Pinteresting Family"
Allison from "Cozy Home Interiors" 
Jill from "Jillify It"
Beth from "Make Me Pretty Again"


 Enjoy y'all!!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I love The King and I! I've passed the questions along to Amy for her to answer. Thanks for including our blog. :) Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I was recently given the Liebster Blog award, and I'm passing it on to you! :-)

    http://www.vintagemauve.com/2012/03/19/mauvin-monday-link-party-5-award-bonus/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Samm, thank you for stopping by Space 46 and leaving such sweet comment. Please email me your address. I will ship the antler picture frame to you right away. I apologize for the late response. I was away for a little bit for family emergency. I hope to talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved getting to know you more! Thanks so much for playing along. I should've chosen a Christmas album. I heart Christmas! I hated that stinkin commercial too and oh, Rick Santorum! LOVE. We have a lot in common :) Oh, I have big feet too, size 10!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog and am enjoying it very much. You make me laugh! I have to agree with you about Pope Benedict and Rick Santorum. Looking forward to reading many more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart happy... and I read every ONE of them... thank you so much for taking time to make my day!

Like us on Facebook

Little House in the Big D

Flickr Images