Chevron Stripe Burlap Texas Frame

12:31 PM

Ok, so remember 2 months ago? When I said I was working on a frame wall in the kitchen? and left is looking like THIS for way, way, way too long?

Yea... I had to take these papers down before we had our St. Patty's Day party (again, over a MONTH AGO)... so I finally opened a very large bottle of wine and decided to finish the project.

Case in point, putting something in the empty frames...
I found some AWESOME frames for cheap at HomeGoods and have been dying to fill them for some time... only thing I needed was some inspiration, wine no-no juice, and my Texas Rangers kickin' some baseball booty...
P.S- Dear God, thank you for baseball pants... Amen...

Because I am burlap obsessed, and my mother-in-law was kind enough to gift me with three different kinds of burlap for Christmas, I chose a white burlap for this frame since I knew it would probably be the easiest to paint...
After I cut it to size, I decided I wanted to paint on a chevron stripe... this was the first template I found online...
 I tried cutting it so the stripes would be a bit larger, but it wasnt turning out the way I wanted, so I printed out a different, thicker template...
Still not quite thick enough (...thats what she said...) I cut out two stripes and used that instead...
Looking through some old mini paint samples I had, I decided on a Behr "Honey Bear" yellow since I thought it would look nice with our grey-walled kitchen...
I made sure and painted down, with the stencil, instead of against it to get the crispest striped line...
Three lines later, I had this...
After browsing for a while on Esty, I found this awesome chevron stripe + deer head outline and knew I wanted to do something like it...
If you would like to purchase this awesome piece of art... click here!
But since Chris "exnehed" the whole deer idea (... darn our little "we-must-agree-on-everything-that-goes-in-the-house" pack...) I had to find something else to silhouette.

Enter Google...

...and more wine... ... ...yay!....

When I searched "Silhouette" an outline of California popped up... and I immediately knew it would be a great opportunity to promote the great state of Texas...

After finding an outline of our cute little state, I cut it out, traced it...
And then painted it grey....
I then placed it over the chevron stripe to see how it would look...
One word answer: Awesome

I sprayed the back of it with a little Elmer's Spray glue (just to give it a little bit of hold since I knew the frame/glass would really keep it in place) and Voila!
My collection is complete...
Here's a closer up rundown of everything Im including...
Artichoke patch that I found on Etsy for $2.50

An Asparagus print on dictionary paper, also an Etsy find for $8.00








My Chevron Stripe Burlap Texas Frame that I just made

A traced burlap "y." I made on my Burlap frenzy night as remembered HERE
And this "lemon" I did on the same night that I made my Texas frame... as Im sure you can tell, I was a few glasses of wine in by the time I made this... oh well, it looks better from far away anyway...
SO, I put everyone up on the kitchen wall next to the sink, and here's how it looks....
I kinda like it...

Here's a wider angel that also shows off part of our awesome lil laundry room (remember that makeover by clicking HERE)
Man, I cannot WAIT to remodel our kitchen and bring in those travertine tile pavers!!... even though our kitchen rehab is SO way down the line, I still get excited just THINKING about it... hmmm mmmm.... travertine... (obscenely drooling)... mmmm

One more view close up, just for kicks....

So what do you guys think? Like the assortment? Do you think it "works" in a kitchen? Are you also a believer that crafting and a glass of wine sometimes produce the best work?

I would love to hear what you think!
(pssss- If you like my chevron burlap frame, check out my Etsy store and order one for you or a loved one!)










You Might Also Like

34 comments

  1. love it! I miss not having a Homegoods close by. *sniff* haha

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! I think the Texas is my favorite. Love the Home Goods frames. I feel like HG always has something I need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the frames!! Great are work love the chevron backround!

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks super cute! I'm a big fan of yellow and chevron, so that is perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post because it was a good reminder that I can be creative without a Silhouette Cameo! :) But don't tell my husband because I am still convincing him I should get one!

    http://cowscorncountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! Definitely keeping this in mind for future projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the arrangement, I really love the chevron state one you made the most!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these! They really spice up your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Burlap! I'm now following your blog:) I also nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Go to my blog for the details.

    Rachel (absolutelylovingmylife.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Samm, you know I LOVE the Texas piece...who wouldn't? The honey bear yellow is perfect with the chevron. So creative. The whole arrangement looks fabulous!! Love your style. So happy you linked up and stopped by today! Have a great week.

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! We move around a lot with the military so I'd like to do this for every state we've lived in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW great idea!!! Thank you so much for you and your family's service protecting our freedom! We truly appreciate it!

      Delete
  12. Just LOVE this! I'm a Houston Native and love all things Texas - plus it is in my favorite color combo! Might have to make something like this for our daughter who lives in Atlanta now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! Chevron paired with the unlikely burlap... it's like pretzels and caramel, a perfect mix of two seemingly contrasting tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This turned out great! I love the frames. I would love for you to share this at my link party
    http://thewinthropchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/04/share-it-link-party-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pictures Samm! and yes I'm with you on the wine helping crafting!!!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all so cute! I love the color scheme you used! The texas art is so cute with the chevron!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what an AWESOME project. i love burlap it's so much fun. and, baseball pants. ;) I'm now one of your linky followers.

    if you have any projects you've been putting off and need motivation to complete, please join our UFO challenge http://www.addhousewife.com/2012/04/ufo-partay.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. It turned out great! I have lived in the Big D, and am a fellow old house dweller. These old houses certainly provide enough blog fodder.

    I'm visiting from the Home Happy Home linky party, and I would love if you stop by my blog as well. :)

    Thanks for sharing,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  19. It turned out great! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute!! I love the Chevron, and I live in Texas so I have to love that too. I would love it if you would be willing to share at our party going on now-Monday. Thanks

    http://www.kadie-sevenalive.blogspot.com/2012/04/link-it-up-thursday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is just really cute! What can't you do with paint and burLap?? Thanks for linking up!!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is great - we love the chevron/silhouette combo! Thanks for sharing at Beautify It Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the asparagus print. and love the chevron / silhouette combination. creative and well done. thank you for linking it up at our party at http://www.finecraftguild.com/party/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, I'm Jaime. I run a blog called The Dress-up Drawer and I was just passing through. Love your blog and this project is adorable!
    I have a great giveaway going on right now for a personalized platter from The Southern Belle Boutique and just thought it might interest you. Thanks for letting me say hi!

    http://thedressupdrawer.blogspot.com/2012/04/review-and-giveaway-southern-belle.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Totally awesome! I love all of them! Fantastic frame wall!

    --Katie
    @ Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love all the new art, but the chevron Texas is really cute! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Samm, this is adorable! I love the painted burlap!! Featuring this on our facebook page today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this Samm, burlap and chevron! It doesn't get much better then that! I am featuring this today over at Homehappyhome. Thanks for linking up last week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think it turned out great! Love your kitchen floors - send them my way when you get your tiles! The frames look great! I have an empty wall dying for some eye gems. Soon. Soon! Thanks for sharing (always) at Dwell on Joy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ohh I like it! I've been into state art lately, this is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love love love the chevron on burlap!!! And the yellow is so happy! I think I might have to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I decided I wanted to paint on a chevron stripe... this was the first template I found online... homerunsoftball.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart happy... and I read every ONE of them... thank you so much for taking time to make my day!

Like us on Facebook

Little House in the Big D

Flickr Images