Summer time landscaping...

1:26 PM

This past Sunday, Brooks got up around 7am but after I changed him, he fell right back to sleep and stayed that way for a couple more hours (Bravo little boy!).  However, this now meant that I was UP... and a little bit board just laying in bed.

I tried to convince Chris to wake up and entertain/play with me, but for some reason he wasn't having it...

 Lazy...

So I did what any normal DIY wife would go... put on a pair of yoga pants and headed out to Home Depot.

It was there that I received the inspiration that we should mulch the front area on the other side of the sidewalk.

So I just grabbed just a couple bags and headed on home to surprise my sleeping husband.
 Doesn't he look excited?!... ... ... ... ...
I thought we would give the red mulch a go since we have a red front door, red chimney, and I'm always looking for pops of fun color.

Before he got started, here's a quick little view of how it looked before the mulch.
 See that area in between the trees?  Don't let the green fool you... its weeds and dirt... and not pretty.

While Brooks napped, I helped mulch up the walk way too then headed inside when Little Boy Blue woke up.
 After awhile, (and possibly a minor heat stroke),  Chris came in, showered up, and we switched hanging out with B... I think he got the easier job.
What makes every woman happy.  I good-looking, shirtless man, holding a piece of chicken and a sleeping baby.  (sigh)
 When I walked out our front door... it looked beautiful.
 Here's the new view from the street.
 And a side shot... like you would see if you were driving up.  I like how Chris even did the weed covered strip down the driveway.
 I know red wouldn't have been everyone's choice, but I was worried the dark brown would have just looked like dirt and not as clean.  Plus, red is my favorite color and its my house... so... yea...
 And the driveway...
 Planter beds too?  We so fancy...
 There you have it! What do you think?
 Bit of a difference from 2011 when we first bought it

Have you guys ever mulched over a large area to get rid of weeds?  Do you like the red? (lie to me if you don't) Have you ever got someone into a project because they were sleeping?  Due to the sunburn on Chris's back, I believe he has learned his lesson :-)

Hope everyone had a great 4th!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. The mulch looks fabulous, your home is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT and I have used red before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! You might have to use a little Round Up to kill the weeds when they come through the mulch...because they will. We live pretty close to you in Rockwall. It's getting hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I have red mulch in my beds also, and a red front door. Go us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brow of a challenge, it is clear that for this strange shenfa curious. The next moment, yet Cheapanzhi, I Asics Gel Cumulus Sale Asics Trainers Sale would see a golden bells appeared in the side. Asics Gel Cumulus Sale

    This is a huge gap Asics Running Shoes Sale between the instruments and the spirit. Yes, did not let me be too disappointed, your concept of God is strong enough, Cheap Asics Womens Running Shoes and even has quickly caught up to me, but you still do not Cheap Asics Running Shoes have a chance.

    No follow up a victory Cheap Asics Running Shoes continued to attack, but still stand in Asics Running Shoes Sale place full of spirits watching channel.Too early to say it. Wiped his mouth of blood bang short word, figure suddenly disappeared from the place.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart happy... and I read every ONE of them... thank you so much for taking time to make my day!

Like us on Facebook

Little House in the Big D

Flickr Images