Big Announcement

10:01 AM

Hey all,

Long time no talk!  Yea, in case you've haven't been following me on Instagram (which I recommend you do @LittleHouseintheBigD) but in the nearly YEAR AND A HALF since Ive posted, I actually popped out another kid (Davis Dae, born 7/1/17 and she's amazing) and she's actually the reason I stopped posting long ago because I had such awful morning sickness I could barely function.  But with all that aside, we actually have some BIG news (not baby related) which is why I've begun blogging again...

TA-DA!

We are officially redoing the house!

And you maybe thinking, "Hey, that doesn't look like your house? That must be one hell of a remodel." Well, thats because we are tearing down our house and building a new one on the lot.

Let that sink in.

We are TEARING DOWN my little awesome amazing perfect tiny house.

It's so sad especially after all the remodels and updates we've done, but 1,450 sq ft for 5 people and 2 dogs just isn't cutting it.

And we've actually been contemplating this for a long time, and even looked into moving; same neighborhood, different neighborhood, fixer uppers, already reno-ed. And with the explosive Dallas market, nothing caught our eye or budget.

Then after meeting with different architects about just adding on to our little house, we kept getting the same answer "Honestly, to add a second story on a pier and beam foundation will cost just as much to build a new house."... AND, that way, we could get the EXACT layout we wanted.

So, October of last year (read: 2016, not 2017), we met with Eddie Maestri of Maestri Studio.  We met and discussed what we wanted, design ideas, and budget.  Our ideas seemed to mesh so we signed a contract and he went to town.

I'll have another blog post detailing what we want in a house, what I demanded we have (that didn't make it into the final layout (sad face)), and what my favorite feature of the new house is (spoiler alert, it isn't even INSIDE the house).

So stuff there is a TON of stuff coming up... and a TON of stuff I'll need help with (that I will pawn off as my own ideas and tell Chris).  Get excited guys... 2018 is going to be CRAZY.

P.S- Yes, we're still flipping condos and just sold #10. We really gotta catch up y'all...

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. So excited that you're back to blogging! I've been following along on Instagram and wondering if you guys were still considering the new addition/reno. I cannot wait to see more on the new house and design ideas! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Looking forward to updates.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart happy... and I read every ONE of them... thank you so much for taking time to make my day!

Like us on Facebook

Little House in the Big D

Flickr Images