...and this is why I shouldnt be left alone.

8:17 AM

Especially while shopping... at an outlet... with a Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware.

It's deadly.
I wish I was over exaggerating, but I'm like Lindsay Lohan in a jewelry shop... I just want to start putting things in my purse ... (except I pay for them).

I had to go down to San Antonio for a work meeting and during the SIX hour drive from Dallas to SA, I-35 goes right through the best outlet mall in Texas (maybe in the United States... maybe the WORLD... yea, best outlets in the WORLD!) so I would have to be insane NOT to stop, right? Right?

At least that's what I told Chris...

First stop, Pottery Barn:

Where I found a box with THIS taped on the side:
 Chris and I have a slight obsession with Edison Bulbs (like in our laundry room) so I instantly started drooling when I saw this beauty... and the kicker? The PRICE! $42.97!!!  The EXACT same light is still on Pottery Barn's website for $149!
As seen HERE



















































I also found this cool shelf unit for $20...
 Got it...

And this hanging chandelier-ish thing for $14.97...
 But sadly passed on it since I didn't know EXACTLY where it would go (and I'm trying REALLY hard to only buy things we have a NEED for... not just a "want")

Pottery Barn outlet also shared a store with Williams Sonoma outlet and I saw Chris's and my bench that we registered for our wedding...
 It was $1,200 at the store ($699 at the outlet) but basically we registered for it in case any of our relatives we shopping for us online (drunk) and thought a $1,200 bench was a good idea...

Spoiler alert: we didn't get it...

I also saw this great storage bench for $175 (and $25 for the cushion)...
 But since our budget doesn't really have room for a $200 bench for the foot of our bed, I had to pass...

This one I saw for Chris...
A $3,200 (marked down to $1,599) bar.... VERY pretty for Chris's (someday) Man Cave... don't worry honey... I'm sure you will get one (once we move houses, have kids, send the kids off to college, move again, retire, and then move me into a senior care center.... pretty much right around the corner)

I also got an awesome new mailbox for $8 and (of course) forgot to take a picture of it... (I promise there will be an update on the mailbox situation soon.)

After leaving Pottery Barn, I headed over to Restoration Hardware.
Now, I KNOW Restoration Hardware is WAY out of my "garage sale" budget specially when it comes to $3,600 "outlet" $2,499 couches
 and chairs...



and headboards...
...apparently I'm really into tufting.

So as I'm browsing for things that I cant afford and laughing at loud at the dollar signs my credit card statement will never see, I suddenly lock eyes with this handsome devil across the store.
 High wing back chairs in burlap linen with nail head detail...
....
....
drool....
...
And to my amazement, they were TOTALLY affordable! (Marked down from $899 to $149 a chair?!!! I would be LOSING money if I didn't buy them!) I dont know if the tag was mismarked or what, but I seriously grabbed two of the tags and ran to check out like the building was on fire.

I told them I would come pick up the chairs tomorrow (since I didn't want my vendor to get in my car for the meeting and there be two gigantic chairs in the trunk) and I would be coming back through San Marcos anyway. 

After my meeting (which went VERY well) I pulled around to the back of the Restoration Hardware outlet...
 5 minutes later, my car looked like this....
 ...insert obnoxious high-pitched screaming here...

A couple things about this experience...
1. Outlet malls are glorious
2. Restoration Hardware is awesome
3. I am completely capable of loving inadament objects... aka these chairs... major love-crush

I don't want to spoil the fun surprise about where the chairs are in the house just yet, but here's a little picture tease of some big things we have coming...
Yea... what room is that?  My NEW office!!!... more details to come soon :-)

So what do you guys think? Do you like the chairs? Do you also have AWESOME outlet shopping karma? Did you ever register for a stupid expensive wedding gift just in case a drunk aunt/uncle went online shopping?

I would love to hear your thoughts!
-Samm

P.S- Thank YOU to all that entered my Ramsign Giveaway last week! A winner was chosen using Random.org... click HERE to see if it was YOU!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Hey girl!! Great stuff. Try working at Restoration Hardware.. did it for 3 years. Some days were tougher than others, and I got some cool things to show for it. Can't wait to see your new office..BTW..what's your daytime jobby job??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samm! I read your blog all the time... I am stalking it from Afghanistan. I can't believe you went to the San Marcos outlets. I love them. (PS- You also drove right past the exit to my parents' house, too) I love this outlet mall. I can't wait to come home and then move back to America where they have real things like Pottery Barn. Hawaii cannot be perfect without it. I hope you are doing well! Love, Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are some great finds! I haven't been to a PB Outlet in years. It's a wonder my husband never takes me. Hmmm. As for the chandelier, you must go back. That would look amazing in your yard, even hung from a shepherd's hook! Thanks for letting me live vicariously through your shopping trip. Drool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have a Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware outlet anywhere near us (NC) but that's probably a good thing since I would want to buy stuff all the time.

    I love the chairs and can't wait to see what you did with the room!

    Also, I'm in the midst of registering for my wedding and I totally registered for something pretty expensive that I'm not expecting anyone to buy for us. I justified it to my fiance' by saying "You never know...." as if some benevolent millionaire goes around searching for random couple's registries and then gifting them the most extravagant thing on their list. Actually, I wish that person existed, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like you Samm, when it comes to outlet stores. My heart starts to palpitate, my hands get sweaty, and I instantly see all the other shoppers as my arch enemies, anxious that they're vying for the same great find that was meant to be MINE!! (you're like that...right?) :)
    L.O.V.E. the new chairs....can't wait to see the new office! THANKS FOR SHARING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG... was this the San Marcos outlets???

    ReplyDelete
  7. for such a restoration works that almost looks like a brand new that sometimes it can't anymore be recognized either it's a repair or brand new. a truly remarkable workmanship.


    buy facebook fans and likes

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart happy... and I read every ONE of them... thank you so much for taking time to make my day!

Like us on Facebook

Little House in the Big D

Flickr Images