We are 99% there!... (aka. I hate kitchen hardware)

4:48 PM

Seriously! No lie... we are so close to finishing the kitchen we can TASTE the future food we are going to make in it.

There is nothing more I rather do then post a TON of before and after pictures for you all, but it's the 1% that's still unfinished which is killing me.

Knobs/drawer pulls... kitchen hardware just generally as a whole.

Originally, Chris and I fell in love and decided on these Fintorp pulls (and matching knobs) from Ikea.

As modeled here by our pantry in our laundry room.
Measuring about 7" long (we loved it especially since a lot of our new drawers are really large and need a large pull to distribute weight) and only $7.99 for a two pack, we thought we were good to go when we originally started our kitchen demo.

Well, the evil kitchen gods must have heard our perfect little plan and decided to take a shit dump on it by having Ikea discontinue them.  Oh, why not just call around and see if they have them at other locations besides Dallas? Oh we did.  I even had my mom in Scottsdale drive out to the Ikea in Tempe and wrangle up their last 4 packages.
True motherly love right there.

With four packages down and only 3 more needed (we needed a total of 15 and we had one extra left over from our laundry room), I was super shocked to find that there were still four packages left... in Brooklyn, NY...

Lucky for me, I was going to be in NYC for work.... it only took a cab, subway ride, and water ferry to get me over to Brooklyn during my day off.
Only once I got there, an INCREDIBLY rude worker told me that I was wrong, they were completely sold out, and whoever told me they still had four in their system "must have had their head up their a**".  (Did I mention I flew to NYC, took a cab, subway, AND water ferry to get there?)

And so now we are stuck... 8 awesome pulls and 15 lonely drawers.

Chris and I have looked online for replacements and cant seem to find anything we like or that is under $20 a pull. (I'm sorry but I'm not spending $500 on kitchen hardware)

I'm sure we will find something soon... not to mention that my mom is coming in town this weekend and she has the BEST shopping karma EVER, so we'll see.

The 8 pulls that we have we plan to use in the bathroom for our new vanity (as soon as THAT project starts... now looking more at an early summer start date) and sell whatever we don't use on e-bay.  True story side note:  Our exact two pack of the stainless steel Ikea Fintorp handles just sold for $66.00 on ebay for one (yes, 1) set!!  Again, they were $7.99 normally at Ikea.

Do you guys have any ideas on handles or pulls?  We are trying to go for cottage shabby chic.  I would love for you to leave a comment with a link if you have any ideas!!

Thanks!
-Samm

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. bummmerrrr! good luck! I am going to the Ikea in Tampa, FL this week and will definitely check cause you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How heavy are they? Ikea Australia have them listed on their site at $12Au a 2 pack. Maybe it's worth ordering from overseas to get what you want.
    http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/60202298/

    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to order it from Australia! Sadly, their website doesnt allow me to order online :-(

      Delete
  3. I'd call Ikea and see what they can do for you! I called them once and they got me a pillow (I had wanted two) from overseas. I just paid shipping. They do have great customer service. Ugh, what a drag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are they available in Houston? I will send them to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, what a pain, I totally hate when that happens...honestly, I think Ikea does it on purpose, so people go nuts over their products. And what a rude employee they happen to have too :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check Paramus NJ. That's RIGHT near me and I can send them to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dude...the hardware is killing me as well...but for different reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm from Philly, my husband works right next to an Ikea... I can mail them to you too. by the way, I just went online and they're available online through the website... maybe because I'm in a different region?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet... sadly the site says they arent available in Philly... will they really let you buy them online?! Do they have 4 available?

      Delete
  9. It looks like the Ikea in Dallas has 9 in stock as of today. Maybe they got some more in? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went and they said it must have been a glitch... its back to saying "none in stock" booooo... thanks though!

      Delete
  10. Try Elliott's Hardware. They have a wonderful selection of draw pulls, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80202297/ they have them in the uk stores and online ?

    I like in the UK don't know how much it would cost to post, maybe you could buy them from the uk site and have them deserved to you ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. unfortunately I have the same problem. I am short 3 packs and have tried every shop in the UK as that's where I am, it's totally frustrating!!! ahhh

    ReplyDelete
  13. Same problem. I am very disappointed. I am 3 boxes short. They would not make a refund as I have passed the 4 months period. I have 12 unopened boxes..... anyone interested?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, YES! We live in Pittsburgh, PA. Where are you, and what are you asking for the handles?! If we were able to find at least a set (we're only short two handles - but would LOVE some extras) we'd be ecstatic! My email address is august23@live.com. Please let me know if you're intersted in selling them. We'd at least pay you what you spent on them, plus shipping costs! Here they sold for $7.99/2-pack. Thanks so much....hope to hear from you!

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. I can't believe I just came across your blog. I'm sitting here laughing out loud, but not because of your angst over kitchen hardware. It's because I feel your pain! Guess how I got here? Yup, looking for IKEA Fintorp Stainless handles. You came up in the search on Google. Guess what my partner and I did? Yup, we also really liked the handles and we bought (what we swore was) a whole set for our brand-new kitchen, in our brand-new, completely renovated 1910 historic home here in Pittsburgh. And guess what happened? Yup, we're short ONE SET. ONE! I watched a set sell on eBay for upwards of $60 - yet we paid the same as you; $7.99 for two. Um, yeah, we were really contemplating walking out in front of a bus for a hot minute.

    Eventually, after making the mistake of letting the ONE SET we saw anywhere online in the entire universe go....we decided to buy some different handles. We hate them. Hate is actually a kind word. We loathe them. We're still holding out hope that we find that one rogue set of handles from IKEA, though. So I haven't made the agonizing choice to take all the Fintorp handles off and replace them just yet. We have deep, dark (Java) cabinets and stainless appliances - so the stainless handles really made everything "pop". We considered switching to the still-available black Fintorp handle, but we're afraid they'd get lost in the cabinets. You wouldn't happen to have any still laying around you'd want to sell, would you? LOL. Worse-case scenario for us: we make a KILLING on eBay selling the 26 sets we have now, and switch to the black, or find something that is likely to be twice as expensive and bite the bullet. Either way it's not the end of the world.....BUT.....you know how this feels....

    ReplyDelete
  16. P.S. If ANYONE on here is sitting on a pack (or several) of these IKEA Stainless Fintorp handles and are willing to sell them, please email me at august23@live.com. I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands! Thanks so much....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Has anybody had any luck finding more of these handles? I need two of them, and I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy them a couple of years ago when I bought the other four. Please let me know if you're willing to sell any - kisslets@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  18. anyone have any of these knobs?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart happy... and I read every ONE of them... thank you so much for taking time to make my day!

Like us on Facebook

Little House in the Big D

Flickr Images