Craigslist Confessions

11:06 AM

This is a quick post, but honestly too awesome not to share.

Although the sunroom/Chris's man cave is a work in progress (and coming along quite well, might I add), Chris is still craving a bit of a better tv-viewing option other than the two wingback chairs I fixed up and painted.

We still think they look great (especially since I put hours of blood, sweat, and tears into that project),  but also think a daybed/futon would look pretty good as well AND add additional sleeping space for all those who like to crash at our house (aka. friends from out of town, parents, etc).

So, doing a little innocent homework on Craigslist this morning, I searched 'futon' and thought I would check what came up.

I called on one that caught my eye, saying it was in storage but that it was in great shape and to call if interested...

So I called... and this is the conversation that ensued...


me: Could you tell me a little bit about the futon? How long have you had it? If its in good shape? Was it covered in storage?


guy: Yea well I got it from a buddy of my moms, I think they were sleeping together but Im not sure. Anyway, he was "de-nesting" because he thought he was going to die so he gave it to me.

me:....

guy: That was about 2 years ago and I didnt really get a good chance to look at it when I picked it up.  I think there might be a couple stains on it, but Christ knows what those could be from.  It wasnt like we had animal livestock running around on it or anything.

me:...

guy:  Im going to try and make it out to my storage unit later today and I can send a picture to you.  No promises though.  My morning has started off pretty ok and Im waiting for the other shoe to drop since usually my days are not this good.  I may get in a crash or something on the way there.  But if I make it, i'll be sure to send you a picture for you to give me the 'yes' or 'no'.

me: No-thank-you-have-a-good-day... (click)...
 

... You can't pay for that kind of entertainment on a Monday...

UPDATE: about 5 minutes ago, I also received an e-mail from my friend (I e-mailed him first and he sent back his phone number which lead to the convo above)... I wont post the entire e-mail (its rather lengthy) but he did go on to explain that his mother calls 25x a day, he can't keep a girlfriend because he can't find the time, plus "there's so much more that [he's] not telling"...

VERY good example on WHY it is so important to be safe on craigslist... Im sure he's harmless, but you never want to mess with a guy with mommy issues, girlfriend problems, and stuff that he's just "not telling"... stay safe out there kids!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Haha! Reading this made my day. People are so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that is sooooo funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh this is so funny.. It made my day.. I was just complaining this morning about this guy that is harassing me for something I am trying to sell.. Craigslist is something for surr..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just tell you that this is the perfect end to a STELLAR day for comedy?! AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!! You're hilarious!! It was awesome meeting you today! Consider me your newest blog stalker!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muriel! It was so great to meet you too!!! The world needs more Young House Love stalkers like us! When you start your blog, make sure to e-mail me a link!!

      Delete

Comments make my heart happy... and I read every ONE of them... thank you so much for taking time to make my day!

Like us on Facebook

Little House in the Big D

Flickr Images