Mirror, Mirror on the wall...

11:46 PM

So... Im making a switch! Nothing big mind you, but I have spent the past year working from home with my office in the sun room, which has been fantastic... ... ... during the winter.

Now that its 100 degrees out and I'm trapped in a room with limited air circulation and maximum sun magnification, Chris and I decided it would be best that I move my office into the front bedroom (mostly a room that we used for storage and had an extra TV in case Chris and I wanted to watch different things).

Knowing that I would not want a TV in my new office (no distractions while working!) I needed something large to cover the wall that the TV was once on.

Sexy, I know...
So when I spotted this monster 50" beauty at Weir's here in Dallas... I fell in love...
When I saw that it was $99, I fell in lust... and took it home immediately.

Knowing that I'm not the biggest fan of that plain wood, I wanted to spray paint it white (also to make it a little more girlie with the curvy lines).
 My initial idea was to cover the mirror with paper while trying to spray paint...
 But to get it just right, I would have to cut out a perfect circle...
 Which is difficult and stupid.

So after Chris came outside to investigate where are the cursing was coming from, he suggested that we simply unscrew the back and take out the mirror.
 That, of course, would make way too much sense...

So that's what we did...

First, we removed the screws....
Then we removed the first layer...
 And then had to use a razor to cut the glue around the mirror.
 Easy enough...
 Hey, hey mirror....
So after a couple coats of primer and spray paint, I was uber eager to hang this beauty...
And after I hung it, I LOVED it, but it looked a bit lonely...
 So... I've started collecting... I can't wait to show you what I've found to surround it...

Do you guys like it white? Or would you have kept it plain wood?

P.S- how awesome are those chairs?? Restoration Hardware outlet totally rocked my world.

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Love the mirror, and it should definitely be white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like the wood. The white is great. Aqua could have been cool but since it's SO big, I think the white was a pretty great choice. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG score! I love this freaking mirror. I think it looks great both colors but it looks great white in your home. Love it!

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! White was definitely the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it white! I think it looks great hanging by itself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all! Yes, the BIg D heat is killing me already too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nate Berkus showed almost identical mirrors on his show yesterday! I think one of his was silver. Yours looks best in white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the white, and can't wait to see what you do with the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beyaz harika bir seçim. Çok güzel :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the white!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the white! Love love love it! And I am totally enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know this is an older post but I just found you via pintrest and found a huge similar mirror and dong know how to hang it…..how did you hang it

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart happy... and I read every ONE of them... thank you so much for taking time to make my day!

Like us on Facebook

Little House in the Big D

Flickr Images