M.I.A last week...

11:34 AM

Sorry I havent posted in a while, but since we headed up to our friends lake house for Memorial Day then turning around and heading out to Cali for my cousin's wedding, I havent had much time to do much of anything other than pack and repack (not that Im complaining!)

So I thought I would give you guys a little iPhone photo run-down of our last week! (P.S- some of these are also Instagram pictures which is why the quality might look a little funky... enjoy!)

So, we began our vacation by almost dying... Im not joking.  We were running a little late to Chris's parents to drop off the pups and Chris's dad drove us to the airport. "Drove" is an understatement.  Im pretty sure NASCAR drivers would have even told him to "slow the **** down!"

So Chris and I celebrated survival by ordering the largest margarita they would legally serve us at the TGI Fridays in the airport.

We got into San Francisco pretty late and then had a 2 hour drive down to Carmel to meet up with my parents at my grandparents vacation house, so we were a little beat.  But the next day, we woke up to this:
Ummm yea... Chris said he would like to die on this golf course.  He golfed it everyday we were there, so he almost did.

We also were able to go down and walk along the beach at the Pebble Beach Golf course.
Seriously, this place is stupid pretty...

Oh did I mention they had AWESOME food too?... Very... umm... fresh, organic restaurants...
 No joke... this dude was walking around the patio of this little Mexican food restaurant we ate at... Gave a whole new meaning to the menu "free range chicken"...

After a day or two, we had to leave Carmel and headed up to wine country for my cousin's wedding.
Before the wedding, Chris and I took it upon ourselves to visit some wineries in the area.  Our favorite? Wente.... awesome, just awesome wine.
We then headed back to the hotel, took a couple asprin, and made our way to the wedding.

It was beautiful and my cousin (also named Chris) married a gorgeous, fun, great gal Kristin. The reception was awesome and I had the best looking date in the entire place.
Oh, did I mention they served wine?
Hooray!
We had a great time!! I seriously love my family!!

The day following, we downed MORE aspirin, 4-5 gallons of water, a greasy cheeseburger, and took the 35 minute drive San Francisco.
I loved driving across the Bay Bridge... such great use of pattern! Stripes, geometric shapes, I loved it all!

After we checked in to our hotel, we grabbed the F train and went down to Fisherman's Warf.
Awesome San Francisco tip: The F train is just as old and fun as the trollies but a third the price ($2 compared to a $6 trolley)! We would really recommend it!

Down in Fisherman's Warf, I screamed out loud like a 13 year old that had just seen Mr. Bieber.
...
except it was for my favorite Sourdough bread company: Boudin.
Yes, thats me, just walking around eating a plain loaf of bread... HEA-VEN.

Chris needed more to eat than just a loaf of sourdough bread (HA! like I would give him any of mine? psh. He would lose a finger) so we stopped and got some lunch... I nearly cried taking this picture.
Clam Chowder + sourdough bread bowl + me = this next picture...
Apparently when I get excited, my thumb bends the wrong way.

We also did some shopping where I found some FABULOUS consignment shops.  I got this outfit (plus an awesome Burberry jacket for CHEAP) at Fillmore and 5th.
By some act of God, we were able to get a table at one of the most coveted Vietnamese restaurants: The Slanted Door.

The view:

The food:
Seriously amazing.
(BTW we usually arent "those" people who take pictures of our food, we just had a lot of friends to make jealous since mostly everywhere we went was based on a recommendation.)

Day 2 in San Fran, we decided to walk around and grabbed breakfast at Dottie's.  It was GREAT!
Happy Chris:
Sad Chris:

After, we thought it would be fun to see if we could get into the Giants game.

However, because Im from AZ and my core body temp is around 102, I was freezing in the 50 degree weather. We actually passed another consignment shop (Jeremy's) were I picked up this little Ralph Lauren sweater (for $25!!) and paired it with a fun little scarf ($11!)
I LOVE good consignment shops.

Also, the shop, Jeremy's, was REALLY cool!! I dont know if you could tell from this picture, but I loved their staircase and nail head detail on the wood above the railing, in the middle, and along the floor!
Anyway, we got tickets to the game (standing room only but since we had to catch a flight and couldn't stay the entire game, it was perfect for us)
Someday, Chris and I want to visit ALL the country's baseball stadiums so it was great to check AT&T Park off our list.
Sadly, we headed back to the airport and waited for our flight in these awesomely trendy chairs.
 And had to jump right back into work....

Once we got on the flight, after about 10 minutes, Chris spent the rest of the flight like this:
Awww tired Hubs... so cute though... I wish I slept this pretty (I usually require a drool cup if sleeping on an airplane).

But it was great to get back to our Big D, and I think the boys missed us too...
So thats about it!! I promise we have a lot of projects waiting in the wings that I will post soon, but I thought I would share a little bit of our adventures last week with y'all.

I think our favorite part was all the awesome food (and letting our true fat kids out).  Have you guys gone up to the Bay Area at all? Carmel, Pleasanton, SF?  I would love to hear if you have any suggestions for next time!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. You were in my neck of the woods! Looks like y'all had a fabulous time, great pictures! And that red sweater? I'm dying, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had fun!

    I wanted to pass along the Sunshine Award to you for being inspiring and creative (and hilarious). Stop by my blog when you get a chance to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is in S.F now and I am headed there with the kids this Sunday for a week! I will definitely do the F train. Thanks for the tip. I just emailed you a second time, you were the winner at Bacon Time and I need your info asap for the sponsor. Hope to hear from ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I can't believe you were in Carmel, I live just a few minutes from there! It looks like you had a great time! Next time you are in Carmel check out Casanovas at 5th Avenue between Mission and San Carlos...amazing food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post made me so happy! I moved to Australia about 4 months ago, discovered your blog a few weeks ago.... well, you ended up in my home town, I actually worked in Pleasanton and recognized your freeway pic. Thanks for posting. Many of my favorite things all in one place. Oh, and LOVE Jeremy's. There are a few things in my new Aussie closet that came from that little store. Thanks again,
    Yank from Down Under.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post made me so happy! I moved to Australia about 4 months ago, discovered your blog a few weeks ago.... well, you ended up in my home town, I actually worked in Pleasanton and recognized your freeway pic. Thanks for posting. Many of my favorite things all in one place. Oh, and LOVE Jeremy's. There are a few things in my new Aussie closet that came from that little store. Thanks again,
    Yank from Down Under.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart happy... and I read every ONE of them... thank you so much for taking time to make my day!

Like us on Facebook

Little House in the Big D

Flickr Images