Additions to the Little House...

4:44 PM

No, we are not adding a second story to our house (even though we HAVE thought about it) or knocking down some walls to have a true master bath (all in good time)... this update is about other additions coming to the Little House in the Big D.

Well, this is actually mostly a brag...

Yes, yours truly is preggo.

For the past 15 weeks, I have been working (and will continue to work) on my greatest DIY yet... making a human being.

I know the lack of posts and updates have been downright pathetic recently, but after dealing with queasiness, fatigue, and endless backaches, I hope you all can forgive me and understand why I have been a little less than diligent in my blogging duties. (... lol, I just wrote "duties"...ha)

My due date isn't until September but I realize this opens the door for a whole new variety of housing updates!! Nursery, crib, bedding, decor, the fact that I'm going to try to find mostly everything we need via garage sale/craigslist.

Also, lest us not forget, we still have to squeeze in a master bathroom remodel before the little kiddo shows up.
Cause really, do I want to bring a child into the world knowing it has a pink tiled bathroom? No, Chris and I arent that cruel...

So yes, we are super excited and can't wait to continue fixing up our little house now with a little one on the way! Hopefully I will have a lot more housing/project updates now that my energy levels are picking back up.

Via Pinterest, I also thought it would be fun to catalog my growth.  Here's weeks 12 and 14 for your viewing pleasure.
I plan to post a growing update every two weeks since I dont think much can be seen from week to week.    Also keep in mind that I am 6ft tall, have a freakishly large torso, and will probably look like one of those women that you can never really tell if she is pregnant or constantly bloated.

Anyone else out there expecting? Or has any "first timer" advice?  Chris and I are the first to have kids on either side of our family so any and all help or KIND suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks!
-Samm

You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. Congratulations!!! I'm expecting my first and I'm due on September 25th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh SQUEEEE! I'm 25 weeks right now with my 4th, yet another boy. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, and after 4 the best advice I can give you is the following:
    - You will get tons of advice, some good and some bad (lots bad...) Smile and nod, and do what you feel is best for you and yours.
    - Pinterest will be your best friend and worst enemy. Tons of great advice and ideas, but also tons of posts that will make you feel like you don't do nearly enough. When/if you ever feel like that, refer to my "bad mommy day reading list" board I have. Lots of great articles that will keep you grounded!
    - You WILL get poop on your hand. It's best to accept that as soon as possible. lol

    again, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and duh, here's the board I referred to, if you're interested!
      http://pinterest.com/darajeanne/bad-mommy-day-reading-list/

      Delete
  5. My oldest just turned 40 and my other kid will be 30 next year! My advice....enjoy EVERY Second of this and more. Time flys by!!

    Congratulation!!
    LBDH

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no kids, so I am super unqualified in advice, but I do send a huge Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to both of you! I have 4 the oldest is 43 and the youngest 32! I agree with LBDH, enjoy every moment because they are gone in a flash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pregnancy is so much fun! Well, it can be if you're not feeling the morning sickness that I am currently feeling..lucky you! It just gets better. Wait until you can feel it move and kick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! I am a Mom of a 9 year old and a 3 year old one bit of advice I would offer is to keep up with the pictures and continue with weekly pictures of your little miracle no matter how tired you are. Your pregnancy is such a short time in your lifespan and years from now you will be so glad you can look back. Babies grow and change so much the first year...record it!!! It's as easy as five minutes every Friday but it is so worth it! I'm so happy for you and Chris. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Can't wait to see all the baby related updates!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! I saw the heading in my Reader and wondered if that was the "addition" and it was!

    My best advice is that your body knows exactly how to have a baby and will do an awesome job at it! Also, do some research about where you want to give birth. There are different options and you can choose what's best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo Hoo to y'all! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! And as others have told you - listen politely to any advice given, and then do what feels right to you. For example, I was told not to nurse/rock my son to sleep 'cuz he'd never quit - he's 20 years old now, and I guarantee you that he quit ;-) I hope you keep feeling great - enjoy this time and just blog when you feel like it!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! And as others have told you - listen politely to any advice given, and then do what feels right to you. For example, I was told not to nurse/rock my son to sleep 'cuz he'd never quit - he's 20 years old now, and I guarantee you that he quit ;-) I hope you keep feeling great - enjoy this time and just blog when you feel like it!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look ridiculously perfect! You are supposed to look tired with bags under your eyes. NO FAIR! Haha. Hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats!! You look gorgeous! Yes, you probably won't show for a long time. I, too, am a 6 footer. I didn't really show until 6 months.
    It's amazing how tired such a little human you being can make you!! Enjoy your pregnancy, it will go way too fast. Nap as much as you can, eat as much as you want and near the end (last month or so) drink some Raspberry Leaf Tea. The stuff is amazing and it will prepare you for labour and make that baby come out way easier!
    I can't wait to see what you come up for the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats! yours is one of my absolute favorite blogs and I am excited to see the new direction it takes with this huge DIY project. I too just found out I am expecting. I am a coupe months behind you and have a little "coffee bean" growing inside of me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! I love reading your blog, even if it's not an every day thing. I'm pregnant with my second and it's all so amazing - I'm due one month before you! Enjoy your "me" time now b/c you won't be able to craft or DIY for a bit after the baby is born... but, no worries - that time of course comes back to you soon! And, obviously the time spent with your child is worth it (at most times!) :) The lack of sleep after the baby is born is totally bearable, and I actually really started to enjoy our 4am-5am bonding time! My first was such a snuggler- maybe look for a rocker that reclines also so you can nap with the baby on your lap at night! I didn't take that advice and wish I had. And, if you plan to nurse, "my brestfriend" nursing pillow was THE best! Bring it to the hospital with you and USE it! :) Good luck and enjoy! Can't wait to see what you conjure up for the nursery!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart happy... and I read every ONE of them... thank you so much for taking time to make my day!

Like us on Facebook

Little House in the Big D

Flickr Images