Window frame turned picture frame

7:20 PM

Ok this one happened a while ago, but its received some of the best feedback since I posted it on Facebook, so I thought I would share it here too...

Awhile back, Chris and I answered a craigslist ad for an old China hutch...
Bought it for $40 and did THIS too it...

New drawer pulls, knobs, and a fresh coat of paint made all the difference. Trust me, its much dirtier/fuller now, but that wasnt the only thing we found in the middle of BFE nowhere (it was over an hour drive to pick it up).

The guy who we bought the hutch from also had an abandoned house on his lot that hadnt been lived in for years. I was FASCINATED by all the old things around the property and he said he would sell me anything I found that was interesting...

Enter this window frame for $5...
Based on other ideas I've seen, I knew with some $3 chicken wire I could really make this thing SOMETHING.

So I took it out into the backyard with my trusty staple gun...
I made sure the staple tongs were on either side of the chicken wire (which is VERY sharp, by the way) and stapled around the entire frame...

Nine times out of ten, I dont initially have a spot for some of my projects (I either find one after I finish or end up sell it) but this time, I had the PERFECT spot...
...The blank wall in our laundry room.
Its also where we have Gus and Rocky's leashing hanging up and I'd been waiting to find a frame or piece of art of this space.

But the window frame worked perfect!
I knew I wanted to use it as a picture holder, so since it was in the laundry room, I thought using clothes pins would be appropriate.
We've added more pictures since and even put up notes sometime, but I still love it. I also enjoy the antique look it brings too... didnt have to sand, paint, or nuttin'. Just some good ol' chicken wire from Home Depot and some hanging screws = BAM... Vintage/unique picture frame.

Let me know what you think!
P.S- For those of you looking to make your own window frame/picture frame, you can find old used picture frames at flee markets and craigslist for about $5-$20 a pop.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I love your ideas! I have been buying old windows to create art with also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I've recently acquired some old windows and was looking into making them into picture frames...but your idea with the chicken wire, is awesome. Love looking through your photos. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I've recently acquired some old windows and was looking into making them into picture frames...but your idea with the chicken wire, is awesome. Love looking through your photos. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OZ là một trong những công ty thiet ke noi that dep va thi cong noi that sang trọng chúng tôi coi những thiết kế cấu trúc noi thatbên cạnh dó chúng tôi còn chuyên đảm nhận thi công nội thất và trang tri noi that can ho như mong muốn của khách hàng kết họp với những dứ án thiet ke can ho. và thi cong noi that shop, thi cong shop cho khách hàng. ngoài ra OZ còn chuyên nhận thi cong noi that showrom, thi cong noi that can ho, thi cong noi that nha hang, thi cong noi that van phong, trang tri noi that cua hang, noi that nha hang, noi that khach san...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart happy... and I read every ONE of them... thank you so much for taking time to make my day!

Like us on Facebook

Little House in the Big D

Flickr Images