When Pigs Fly...

8:34 PM

So a couple of week ago, I went browsing around one of my favorite stores: Z Gallerie.

I dont know if you guys have ever been inside Z Gallerie, but its amazing. Seriously, I go in with pen and notepad just to take notes.... sometimes, I just move from couch to couch, pretend Im considering buying one, and stare at what type of fun stuff they have on their walls in each section.

But back to the other day. I was walking around (or may have been sitting, Im not sure) when I saw this little fella.
A ceramic flying pig... and a love affair was born... I named him Wilber, after Charlotte's Web.

Sadly, at $30, I couldnt justify buying him when Im still clipping coupons at home to save $0.25 on ranch dressing.

But I never forgot Wilber...(sigh)... and hope that he never forgot me.

Enter last week when the Dallas World Trade Center held their semi-annual Dallas Gift Market. While working, I traveled up to the 6th floor temporary booths to see if there was anything to look at/tempt me in Home Decor.

And then, I saw him....
Wilber?? No... this was Abner (sorry about the name thing... It just doesnt feel right not to name something with a face :-)

The best part of the whole love-at-second-site? The price tag... $8... Why yes, I would love to adopt a pig... and home with me he went.

It was pretty cool that he was solid cast iron (and not ceramic like his cousin Wilber) but I knew I wanted to paint him... I wasnt sure about just solid white.

As you can tell, I have a problem making decisions...
I decided just to prime him and see what color spoke to me in the moment...

Dont judge me for prepping him on a DiGiorno pizza box. I needed to get my money back from that pizza somehow!
(P.S- Don't eat DiGiorno... ever.... Im serious)

So I gave him a couple nice, even, thin coats of primer...
And then it hit me... yellow... my color of choice.
When was the last time anyone was upset when they saw a yellow flying pig? Never... because just looking at this little guy makes you smile.
I couldnt quite decide where to put him, but since I was kinda obsessed with starring at him, I decided on my office.
I like how he goes with my little yellow flowers... .... and my Super Bowl 42 signed football.
All in all, Im happy with his little change into Happy Yellow. Would you guys have picked a different color?

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. haha i love Abner! nice choice on the color!

    http://babybakerlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute! Thanks so much for linking up!! I'm your newest follower!! Have you seen my Lisa Leonard giveaway yet?

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my heart happy... and I read every ONE of them... thank you so much for taking time to make my day!

Like us on Facebook

Little House in the Big D

Flickr Images